At Porte-Bonheur, accessible from https://porte-bonheur.mu, one of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors. This page contains types of information that is collected and recorded by Porte-Bonheur and how we use it.
“You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website
“We“, “Our” and “Us“, refers to Porte-Bonheur.
Scope of Terms
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information:
- Opening a User Account – When you open a User Account or amend any information of your User Account, we may collect your personal information, such as your name, email address, username, password and telephone number.
- Making Purchases – When you visit this website, make purchases for any intended products or service, we may collect your personal information, such as your name, email address, username, password and telephone number.
- Comments – When you leave comments on the website, we may collect the data shown in the comments form.
- Contact form – When you use a form to contact us, we may collect the data shown in the contact form.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
How we store your Information
We will protect those data within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Porte-Bonheur does not give any warranty that the personal information you provide to us will be secure at all times. To the extent Porte-Bonheur has fulfilled its obligations under no circumstances shall Porte-Bonheur be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorized access to or use of your personal information.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
How we use your Information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website;
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website;
- Understand and analyze how you use our website;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Send you emails;
- Find and prevent fraud.
Porte-Bonheur follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics .
The information collected by log files include:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses;
- Browser type;
- Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- Date and Time Stamp;
- Referring/Exit pages;
- Possibly the number of clicks.
These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Like any other website, Porte-Bonheur uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
What Cookies are used on this website?
- Cookies that allow us to manage this website and ensure it functions properly. They are essential to help you navigate around this website and provide you with an improved surfing experience. They also allow us to save the shopping cart and to identify them during a new visit.
- Analytics Cookies such as Google Analytics and other analytics tools to gather anonymous statistical information for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies” from Cookie Consent. You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies. Thus, we are advising you to consult the respective Privacy Policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information. It may include their practices and instructions about how to opt-out of certain options.
Date of last update: 01/10/2021